Friday, August 11, 2006

Artwork

I should really be more careful about what I post on my site.

Apparently, a couple of people noticed on my profile that I draw. They've been requesting to see some of my stuff. So, for your viewing pleasure, I've decided to post some of my artwork. I wanted to put it on Blogger, but I was having the hardest time. So I posted my stuff to Yahoo instead. Please feel free to check it by clicking here:

*Note* I've also linked this site on the right side of this page, under the Some of my favorite sites section.

Criticism is welcomed. But, in the words of Erykah Badu; I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my s***...

- ACL

13 "Insiders" spoke their mind. Join in...:

Anonymous said...

Wow Andre! You're such an amazing artist!

A great writer. A great artist. Super intelligent. Handsome. What don't you have going for yourself?!

Andre said...

Stop that! You're making a brotha blush again!

Thanks so much for compliments. They're probably a bit overstated, but thanks nonetheless. :)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

You are good, Andre. I love Bugs and Garfield. My favorites of your drawings are actually your originals, though. You really are a talented artist. Thanks for sharing. :-)

I took a peek at your photos while I was there. Your family are all very good looking. I'll bet your Mama has no trouble corralling everyone, does she? LOL ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Andre!

Wow! I haven't seen your art in awhile. You've gotten really great!

Hmmmm....Pics and drums.....

Maybe you should pursue something in the "arts" :)

P.S. Isn't your birthday coming up this month!?

Greeneyes said...

Hello Andre~My GEM

Well , I just finished looking at your artwork , you are an artist , have you done anything on a larger scale ? They are really really great ,The bishop is an original yes? and Garfie , the thinker , got to love it !you have alot of detail in your artwork ,does it take you long to a piece?
you have talent mr A. LOUIS .?
do you have enough interest to do it full time ?

I must confess I looked at your pictures as well , what a beautiful family you have , uhhhhh ummmmmmm where are you ? behind the camera I guess? Everyone looks so happy and Landon is sooooooo sweeeeet! makes you almost want to have one LOL
You take care and show us more art when you finish them
TC
Greeneyes

Andre said...

@ Diane: Thanks for your compliments; especially as it relates to the Garfields. Of all the cartoons out there, he gives me the most trouble. Jim Davis really is the best!

You're right in saying that Momma doesn't have to do too much to coral us. Even though we all live in different parts of the country, we're a pretty close knit group. I'm bless to have them!

@ JD: The arts...? I'm not ruling it out...

@ greeny: Thanks endlessly for your comments.

I won an art contest when I was younger; in junior high school. But that's about as close to "large scale" as I've come. Drawing is just one of those recreational things I do to pass time, to get my mind off of things, or as a compensation for not having any friends to be with. You'd be amazed at how spending a few hours concentrated on a drawing can help you get your mind off other things. Which leads me to your next question:

It usually takes a while for me to finish a drawing; especially the ones with the most detail. I want my drawings looking like the exact originals and I usually don't stop until I get right. An average drawing will take me anywhere between 3 1/2 - 4 hours (unless I color, which adds about another hour to it). But, again, it's a good distraction from other things...

Thanx for the compliments about the fam. Most of these pictures were taken when my siblings got together after Landon's birth. I wasn't there. In most cases, the person on the other end of the camera is Landon's mother Keisha.

But, I'm making plans to see my boy pretty soon. I'll be sure to take pictures. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Very nice work, Andre. You really have a series of incredible talents!

DobyD said...

nice dre. I especially liked the Dragon ball z. i printed it out and have it on my wall of drawings.

The H.C. said...

Very Nice! I saw a few drawings in your office that were also very good. I'm also interested in your other talent as a drummer, I don't know if you know it but I used to play in a lot of local bands. Since I'm down here by the music room maybe we could figure out a way to get you a kit and make a little noise one day.

Andre said...

@ Joanne: Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't call my stuff "incredible", but that was a really kind remark. I'm blushing again...

@ ajbendaƱa: What's up Aldo? Thanks to you also for the compliment. I haven't really done too many DBZ works. They're just too complicated and too time consuming. I've got a deep respect for people who do Japanese anime. That's a helluva talent.

By the way, I'm adding a service for you printing my stuff. Make all checks payable to Andre Louis...

@ HC: If you're ever in the need my artistic or musical services, let me know. Of course, there is an application fee, a service fee, and a seven month wait list. But I can handle it if you can...

Anonymous said...

nice artwork. your pretty good

The H.C. said...

LOL. I didn't know you were THAT good.

Andre said...

@ HC: I'm probably not that good. But, I AM that poor...