Wednesday, October 05, 2005

More gripes about religion

I have several issues with some people's views on Christianity -- especially in the Black church. The way we practice Christianity has simply become TOO religious. From my experience, I understand that religion has absolutely NOTHING to do with Christ. Religion is nothing more than doing something in repitition and tradition; essentially from the head and not from the heart. Christianity, inversely, is about our relationship with Christ and the body of Christ. I hate to admit it, but I don't think that this concept is well know or understood in today's church.

Sadly, many people in the body of Christ take issue with their brothers and sisters simply because of a difference in experience, which is merely a product of upbringing. But, how can we, as Christians, win lost souls with these differences? How can we live a life that pleasing to God if we don't get along? To put it in its lowest denominator, we need to get our acts together. Jesus is coming back for a church with spot or wrinkle. Now, where's my iron...?

- ACL

0 "Insiders" spoke their mind. Join in...: