Friday, September 30, 2005

What's mine is MINE!

"We all have a personal relationship with God that no one else can dictate."

I had this idea fall on my heart after talking to a friend who was just accepted into law school. While I was elated for her, a part of me demonstrated anger and jealousy because of her success. Seeing my friends go out in the world and do great things often times leaves me thinking that I'm a failure.

But, as God's peace fell on me, I realized (1) that I was dope in my own way and (2) the significance of the 'personal relationship' that we each have with God. Simply put, what works best for my friend may not work for me. What God has for me, it is for me. It just becomes a matter of me developing the faith necessary to receive His blessings.

Each of us has to decided how much faith we will present to God, especially when it comes to Him revealing His plans for us. When I say that I "believe in Him", that means more than just saying that I believe that He exists. It means that I love Him even when I don't feel Him; that I trust Him even if I'm in a storm, that I'll follow Him even if His will isn't always clear. II Corinthians 4:17-18 teaches us that personal struggles/hardships are only temporary and that they work for a greater purpose than what I see right now.

In essense, just because your blessing is not in arm's reach, doesn't mean it's not there.

- ACL

0 "Insiders" spoke their mind. Join in...: